Welcome to the Reading Lab
The Reading Lab is part of The Centre for Advanced Research in Experimental and Applied Linguistics (ARiEAL) at McMaster University.
The Reading Lab targets a range of areas in psycholinguistics and corpus linguistics, with a focus on:
- cognitive and socio-demographic predictors of literacy and reading comprehension in adults across languages;
- individual differences in word recognition and text reading among low-literacy and typical readers;
- experimental and classroom studies of word learning and vocabulary acquisition;
- processing of morphologically complex words;
- emotional and sensorimotor components of language production and comprehension;
- aging and language;
- creation of data resources for psycholinguistic and computational-linguistic research
Our research paradigms include eye-tracking, behavioral studies, large-scale norming studies, and quantitative analyses of written and spoken corpora.